Brinsea Auto Turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by enggass, Dec 27, 2010.

1. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Hey all,
    I bought the Brinsea Oct 20 Eco about 3 weeks back because they were on sale. Since the sales end on Dec. 31st, I am now considering picking up the Auto Turner to go with it.
    Plus the 10% discount code it comes to $44.99 +s&h.
    I was planning on manually turning 3 times daily, once when I get up, again when home from work, and once more before going to bed around 11:00.

My question is, is it worth getting?
    Will it improve my hatch rates turning them 45º each hour as opposed to every 8+/- hours?

Steve

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I think it's well worth it. What if you are stuck somewhere, in a blizzard, perhaps, and can't get home to turn the eggs? Why even worry about it when you can automate the process???? Plus, you won't be opening that 'bator 3x daily!

3. enggass

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    With the Brinsea Oct 20 you don't have to open the bator to rotate the eggs. You rotate the entire bator (it has 8 sides each side represents 45º)

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:I knew that. Honest. < smacking forehead > I have 3 Octagon20 Advance EX incubators. Duh on me!

5. enggass

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    LOL... Do you think the more frequent and consistent turning will improve hatch rates?

6. enggass

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Well, I did it. I hope I made the right decision... $57.99 total with S&H.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by