Brinsea 'bators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DraigAthar, Feb 29, 2012.

1. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    I had an interesting experience with Brinsea recently that I thought I'd share with you. I ordered a Hatchmaker still air incubator from their website a couple of weeks ago, thinking I'd use it as a dedicated hatching 'bator. A week went by and I hadn't received the ship notification email yet so I gave them a call. I spoke to a very nice lady who told me they were discontinuing the Hatchmaker and they no longer had any in stock. We discussed what else I could get that would serve the same purpose. She told me they have some of the Octagon 40 DX incubators that have factory scuffs and they are selling them at a discount price. Normally they cost $489, but these they are selling for $299. They still come with the warranty and are perfectly operational, the damage is just cosmetic. So I went with that! Sure couldn't beat the price. Anyway, it hasn't arrived yet so I'll have to let you know how bad the 'factory scuffs' are before I really pass judgement on it. But if any of you are in the market for a 'bator I thought you might be interested to know about this!

2. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    That is the bator I want! Can't afford it just yet. I am using the Brinsea Mini Eco right now. It will be my first hatch. Let me know what you think of it.

3. kj7ym

kj7ym New Egg

Feb 14, 2012
    Well, I can not even get Brinsea to answer my e-mails. I have been ready to order one for a week now. But asked for clarification on heat regulation and the cooling feature. I actually started by placing a phone call to Support, but got a woman that did not even know what the cooling feature is. This left me wondering if she has even read the brochures. When I ask about the type of heating control, things got even more complicated. I sent an email to support explaining my experiance, hoping to get someone else to respond. No response. So the next day I sent the same thing to the Sales Department. Telling them I was just needed the two simple questions cleared up to place my order. Once again nothing. Brinsea sells a very complex little machine. What would we do if we had a malfunction or needed waranty or service done? I am a service tech, and do phone support myself in another field. And I am very aware that the product means nothing, without support. Good luck with these guys.

4. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Wow, that sounds like a really terrible experience! I'm surprised, because I had such a good experience with them, myself. I guess they'd better work on their consistency of service!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by