Brinsea Eco 20 humidity question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by northernchic, Jan 3, 2015.

1. northernchic

northernchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2014
    I have the brinsea eco 20 (?) and the directions said to fill one well with water til 18 days and then at lockdown fill both wells to raise humidity. I bought a thermometer/hygrometer at Walmart and when setting up, I couldn't get my humidity to around 40% without filling both water wells. (With one well filled it was only at 29% humidity.) So I have them both filled appx 3/4 full and my humidity holds steady around 40%.

My eggs are now on day 10. Everything seems to be going well. I'm just wondering if anyone has had to fill both water wells to keep humidity around 40% or am I asking for trouble at hatch time with drowned chicks because I had them both filled the entire time?

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    How many wells you'll actually need to fill (or if you'll need to do anything else) depends on the humidity in the room the incubator is in among other things... in the winter with heat on etc the humidity in the house is often really low so having to add extra water in the second well happens occasionally. Do double check the hygrometer, or keep a close eye on the weight/ aircells in the eggs to be sure they are losing weight correctly. Good luck with the hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by