Brinsea Eco 20 incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kennedyscochins, Jan 15, 2010.

1. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    I have never hatched eggs before, but plan to start in the next month or so. I was looking at the brinsea eco 20. My question is: If I buy that with a manual turner, does that mean I have to manually turn EACH egg or is there a handle or something that I turn and it turns all of the eggs? Please help so I'll know what to buy. I would like to just get the manual if I don't have to turn each egg because of the cost, and then buy the automatic turner later on.

2. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    You don't do each egg individually you turn the unit. Eggs are turned during incubation as the whole incubator is rocked from side to side – hence the Octagonal cabinet ends. Its only 3 times a day.

3. kennedyscochins

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Quote:Have you ever used one and does it do very well?

4. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    No my DH gave me a Brinsea advance with turner for Christmas. But others have said it was easy.

5. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    There's 1 for sale under "Everything else for Sale" Its an auction starting at $90 including shipping. I think. I wanted to buy but I shouldn't.

6. kennedyscochins

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Quote:Thank you. I looked there, but I think it was $15 shipping and the reserve wasn't met. I found one on brinsea.com (on sale currently) for $99 brand new, but didn't know if the incubator was good or not.

7. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    There's another post Brinsea vs RCOM20 you'll see more opinions there.

8. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I love mine it's an eco 20, i have it full of quail eggs and I just gently turn the whole unit back, then forth, then back each day every 7 hours or so, except when I sleep. I love it it keeps a very even temp.

9. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    The eco does not have the autoturner. You do Not have to open it up though you "turn" the entire machine. Love mine!

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Im going to be getting one very soon I really like how they look

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by