Brinsea eco 20 temperature problems!!!

JenandHerQuails

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 5, 2013
Derby, CT
I have 80 button quail and 14 valley quail eggs in my Brinsea eco 20 incubator. Today is day 6. My spot check says the temp is 99.8 F. I have it hanging down through the vent next to the eggs. When I moved the spot check just a few inches over to the left the temp was 98.5!!!!!
hu.gif
I don't know whats wrong! The right side is always between 99.5 F and 100. The left side seems to be a whole degree lower! This is scaring me because the valley eggs cost a lot of money and I really want them to hatch! I've hatched duck, chicken and other types of quail in the incubator many times before. This January I'm hopefully going to hatch two emu eggs. I have two thermometers on the incubator. The other one ( from walmart) says its 99 on the left. Should I worry? Will this affect my hatch rate? Please help!
barnie.gif

Is this incubator forced air? Some still air bators will read differently in spots. You are mainly concerned with the temp at or between all the eggs. If the temp at the eggs is 99.8, you should be ok. Better to be 98.5 than 100.5 at the sides.

Now, buttons hatch about a week before the valleys. You will need to lock down the Button eggs, but not the Valleys. The humidity will need to be raised as well for the pipping of the Buttons, hopefully this does not effect the Valleys.

Good luck!

It has a fan. Is that forced air? Now its saying 100.1 at the egg
barnie.gif
I'm going to try lowering the temp. Its so strange that the incubator is doing this! All my other hatches were fine.... . They should hatch the same week since I put the valley quails in a week before the button.
smile.png

I just stuck the probe around the other eggs on the sides and the temp went down to 96!!!! Back in the middle by the eggs its 99.5 still. I dont know what to trust. The other thermometer still says 99.
th.gif

Hi! Glad you messaged me earlier.

Yes, the fan means it's forced air. I would not worry too much about the temperature, as a few degrees higher or lower is not going to make a big impact. All creatures, including eggs, have a range of tolerance (even you!) in which they can remain healthy in specific environments, even if it's not perfect for their species. Your hatch rate should be safe with the temp./humidity being off by just a degree or two. The most it could do is hasten/delay the hatch day by one day (if even a few hours). Good luck with your quail! Post pictures when the little cuties hatch.
big_smile.png

Thanks so much for the help!! I've been sitting out by the incubator all night to make sure the temp stays stable.
tongue.png
I hope I have pictures of chicks to post! The buttons should be especially cute.....

Egg are great! Thanks for asking... The temperature goes between 99.5 - 100.2. I have 80 fertile button quail eggs and 14 fertile valley quails. I hope they hatch!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom