brinsea eco 20 vs. little giant still air

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by zebserema, Jun 30, 2011.

1. zebserema

zebserema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    which is the better incubator the brinsea or the little giant lets hear the stories !!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. zebserema

Jun 17, 2011
    anybody out there i would love to hear your results

3. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    BRINSEA 100%!!! They are amazing! I have heard mixed reviews about the LG especially the still airs. Brinseas are my favorite. I have two Brinsea Minis and LOVE them. They are way more reliable than my two Hovabator Genisis (which I also really like). I personally would not use any still air incubator unless I had to.

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

This is my first hatch with the Brinsea.. have always used old homemade bators in the past.. so far it's holding the temp and humidity really well.. and I like the fact that I don't have to hand turn eggs
    So we'll see how things are come the 15th when the eggs are due to hatch

5. zebserema

Jun 17, 2011
    thanks they are on sale now for 100$ i think ill get one [​IMG]

6. Wimberleytexaschick

Wimberleytexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Wimberley, Texas
    Brinsea!!! My first ever hatch in a Brinsea Oct 20 Adv with 14 SHIPPED eggs- had 10 hatch- all had developed. These eggs were shipped far, so great results, I am sold on Brinsea, looking for another to do staggered hatches now. Brinsea has Web Specials on their site now.

7. zebserema

Jun 17, 2011
    yep and on facebook on july first they will have a 10% off coupon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yaya:)

8. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    I used the LG still air for my first hatch and out of 18 I hatched 4. I fought w/ it the whole time, sold it and got a hovabator still air off craigs list and had a hatch of 12 ( out of 15 fertile eggs) and have 38 mixed breed eggs incubating now. Humidity and temp stay perfect. these are due the 17th will let you know how the hatch goes.

9. zebserema

Jun 17, 2011
    ok so the brinsea or the hovabator are they the same or is one better than the other?

10. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I haven't used either, but while I've heard nothing but good about the Brinsea, people's experiences with the LG are very mixed. Just have a look about on this forum to see what people say about them. Some folk do manage to get very good results with them, but they seem to be much harder for newbies to be successful with. The temperatures can sometimes fluctuate quite wildly and be difficult to stabilise. The Brinsea sounds like it's much more 'idiot-proof'. Not that I'm implying you're an idiot of course. [​IMG] Also, Brinsea's customer service is great, well it is here in the UK anyway. (I've bought Ecoglow brooders and a Spot Check thermometer from them.) When I'm due an incubator upgrade, I'll be plumping for a Brinsea, no doubt about it!

Edit: The Hovabators are no doubt better than the LGs, but it's hard to say if they're better than the Brinseas, cause they're both good quality, but they're very different types. If you get a Hovabator with a fan and an automatic turner, it'll pretty much be as good as a Brinsea. The main difference is in durability I suppose - styrofoam bators are not as tough as moulded plastic ones and don't stand up as well to rigorous scrubbing out after each hatch...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by