Brinsea Eco for newbies?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jcatblum, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    I wanted to start this thread since I know several people ordered the Brinsea Eco recently.

My Eco was ordered on Friday & arrived on Tuesday (the website never showed it shipped, but I was happy when it arrived).

I just set up my new Brinsea Eco and I thought it was suppose to be preset for 99.5F--- mine is 101 within 10 minutes of setting it up. Anyone else find the temperature to be high at first?

I haven't yet tried to adjust it, I am going to give it several more hours & see where the temp falls. I hope I get it leveled out soon, I plan on setting some eggs this wk!

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Read your manual, get a small screwdriver and adjust the temp.

Also get second opinion about the temp (suggested digital thermometer beside your original).

Brinseas are not styrobators, the temp will stabilize in 10 to 15 min and it will not fluctuate.

If it reads 101 it will not fall next hr or next day, you need to adjust it or there is another unlikely possibility the original thermomether is not accurate. It happens.

3. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    It actually got up to 102 then back down to 101, so I adjusted it down.

I haven't put a digital therm in the incubator yet but I will in the AM.

For now I am just going to walk away from it, if not I will be up checking it all night... Don't want to let the OCD take over yet!

4. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    I ordered last week and mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow! I have a spot check I use in my other bator that I have in a water wiggler and I am wondering if anyone else uses that in their eco? How much room does it take up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by