Brinsea Eco Glow and little quailings??

Joylime322

Songster
Aug 27, 2020
Hello! I am considering purchasing a Brinsea Echo Glow. Is the 20 chick (smaller) size going to be enough for 20 little quails? They are currently still in the egg but I am trying to get set up before they hatch. Thoughts? Experiences??

Hello! I am considering purchasing a Brinsea Echo Glow. Is the 20 chick (smaller) size going to be enough for 20 little quails? They are currently still in the egg but I am trying to get set up before they hatch. Thoughts? Experiences??
Yes that will be big enough for quail. Probably more than 20.

I don’t have that brand but a heat plate is so much better than a heat lamp. It lets the birds stay on a natural light cycle and they can come and go as they need warmth.

Yes that will be big enough for quail. Probably more than 20.

I don’t have that brand but a heat plate is so much better than a heat lamp. It lets the birds stay on a natural light cycle and they can come and go as they need warmth.
How about the MHP? I heard those are good... are they better?

How about the MHP? I heard those are good... are they better?
You mean the one that you make? Or is that a brand? I’m not a fan of the homemade version but that’s me. I like the one I have, it’s one of these.
B9C1F95E-4DCE-4B1A-91D9-1428263E530C.png

I have the smallest ( I think 10 in) from rent a coop brand and it was more than enough space for 19 chicks.
I looked up the rentacoop and it says that the plate gets to around 107F. Is that too hot for quail? Will they smother one another? Do you have trouble monitering them?

I looked up the rentacoop and it says that the plate gets to around 107F. Is that too hot for quail? Will they smother one another? Do you have trouble monitering them?
Nope to all the questions. I do not have the temp regulator add on, I use it as is. I’ve had several great hatches with it, never an issue. I start it out with 2 legs on the lowest height it will go, and 2 one notch higher. I raise it a bit every other day or so, and by 2 weeks I remove it.

Nope to all the questions. I do not have the temp regulator add on, I use it as is. I’ve had several great hatches with it, never an issue. I start it out with 2 legs on the lowest height it will go, and 2 one notch higher. I raise it a bit every other day or so, and by 2 weeks I remove it.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom