Brinsea ECO hatching success!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigjohn, Apr 28, 2009.

1. bigjohn

bigjohn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Georgia
    Well, today was the 17th day and I currently have about 20 of my 48 eggs that have hatched into healthy baby quail! There are more on the way. These eggs were shipped and I know some will not hatch but am happy with the number so far.

Kept the humidity at 40% thru day 14 and then 60% the rest of the way.

Cannot believe the simplicity of this incubator. Even with the number of chicks hatched, there was plenty of room for them to all move around.

All of the chicks are eating and drinking and pooping like mad. So far no weak or sickly chicks.

I opened the incubator to retrieve the first 15 or so since they were dry and had been 'out' for 6 or 8 hours. Added some water, closed the top and the humidity went right back to normal. Hopefully I won't have to open it until morning.

Don't see how you can go wrong with this incubator. It is almost fool proof.

Well, off to watch the new chicks ..........

2. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    keep the updates coming! I think this is the bator I am going to buy.

Post pics of the new babies!!

3. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    They are on sale right now at Brinsea!! [​IMG]

4. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Another BRINSEA ECO great hatch.

For last 3 days I put a piece of fabric in one or both water wells (depends how humid you want it).

An amazing thing about this bator is that if you briefly open it, it gets back to set temp and humidity in no time, about a few minutes!

Completely cold will reach and hold 99.5 in 10 minutes.

Yes this is not a misprint 10 minutes!

No need to "stabilize" it for a week like some LG owners do with their "Little Monsters".

There is a relatively new thread with pictures on this forum somebody hatched 100% of shipped eggs in Brinsea ECO.

WOW! That's what I call PERFORMANCE.

GO BRINSEA !!!

5. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Well, I have a question. If you do not get the turner, do you reach inside to turn the eggs, or turn the frame? I think that is rather a dumb question but I just cannot tell from the picture how it works.

I think that if I do get another incubator, and so far I am getting along pretty well with the LG, but I need another to hatch in, that I am thinking of the Brower.

I like some things about it, like I think the way it turns the eggs is nice. And it seems to be known for stable temps.

I don't know how it does the humidity.

6. sben451

sben451 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Anniston, AL
    Yes--the Brinsea ECO is great. I had a 100% hatch rate last week with 24 shipped eggs. This incubator works so well--holds temps. very accurately and you can adjust the humidity very easily. My chicks hatched out quickly and cleanly with no problems.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by