Brinsea Eco...how many eggs.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CDennis, Dec 29, 2010.

1. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    "My name is Cortney...and I have a problem....." [​IMG] Oh goodness, if this is any sign of whats to come I am going to be uttering those words shortly [​IMG] as I am ALREADY trying to negotiate my hatching eggs with the Brinsea Eco. So here is the deal for all those who have tried or failed, how many eggs can one fit in the eco. This is my first hatch so I don't want to doom myself to failure but gosh now that I see all the wonderful eggs I COULD hatch [​IMG]:and the incubator I am wondering if it can hold more than 12? [​IMG]

2. BlacksheepCardigans

BlacksheepCardigans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Southeast NH
    Twenty-four normal chicken eggs. Probably 36 bantam; maybe more like 40 if they're small.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That one holds 24 [​IMG]

4. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Unless you are referring to the Mini Eco, which holds 10 without the turner and only 7 with...

5. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Ok I am VERY EXCITED!!! It seemed big for 12, 24 is a much better number! Thank you everyone.

6. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    I usually get about 28-30 eggs in my eco. I lay some on top/staking. I always have a few eggs that just don't develope so I take those out and rotate the ones on top. That way I get nearly full hatches each time [​IMG]
    Here's a picture from last year. I use a wad of wax paper at the end of the row to stabilize the eggs standing up. The stacked eggs are on top of that. They are all LF eggs.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by