1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brinsea ECO Vs. ADV

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brooster, Oct 10, 2009.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I want to get a brinsea 20 i am debating between eco and adv. Is it worth the extra money? Also the auto turn cradle turns every hour, doesnt that seen like too much? I get better hatches hand turning then auto turning in my hovabator... What do you think?

2. longranger

longranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    laguna hills CA
    I have the 20 Advance with autoturner and have had very good hatches. I would have gotten the Eco but found a great deal on EBAY. In my opinion the ECO can do anything the Advance can short of the optional humidity control module. Nice to have the ability to calibrate and have digital readouts but if you are just looking for a solid Bator those bells and whistles don't count for much at least for me. You will want to add at least 1 good quality thermometer and hygrometer to the chamber. The turner works great. Get it if you can.

The main shortcoming of the 20 is space. It can hatch the listed maximums for eggs but would be very tight for the chicks. I usually go 1/2 to 2/3 full.

3. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Can i ask how much you got yours for just for reference, and was in new?

4. longranger

longranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    laguna hills CA
    270 shipped but with a catch. If you do not buy from a Brinsea dealer you void the warranty. This was from a private party that decided to move up to a sportsman before using this unit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by