Brinsea EcoGlow Brooder Any good?

mrslb333

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hiya my eggs are on day 19 and I'm just getting my brooder set up ready. I have switched from a heat lamp to a Brinsea EcoGlow this time. Just wondering if this was a good idea or not. Any-one have any experience with these
hu.gif
smile.png

Hello -- I just bought one and used it for about 8 or 9 days on newly hatched turkeys (hatched in the Brinsea Octagon Advanced Automatic incubator).

I think it's a pretty nifty device -- warm but not too hot. The babies move in and out from under it as needed. I had to adjust the height setting after about 6 days because they were getting taller and were a little cramped -- I had it on the lowest height, and moved it to the middle. Towards the end of using it, the turkeys were becoming able to fly and jump and enjoyed roosting on top of it.

I think it will work just fine overall. I would be concerned about using it in a room that is much cooler than about 70 F (around 20 Celsius I believe) because it is a gentle heat, and might not be warm enough. But for average use I think it's fine.

One good thing about it -- you know it won't overheat (unless it malfunctions dramatically, I guess) and hurt the babies or start a fire if something like paper towling comes in contact with it, since no surface on the unit is too hot to hold on to.

It would also, by the way, probably be a really good heating device for smaller pet reptiles like lizards and small snakes.

Thats perfect thank you
thumbsup.gif
I was trying to avoid the disaster we had last time where the lamp fell over and set fire to the carpet, luckily I caught it in time but still an expensive accident.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom