Brinsea Ecoglow malfunctioning after 5th day of use?

Red Horse

Songster
May 16, 2022
The brinsea has been working fine for the last 5 days, but I have one chick that keeps getting pasty butt. She is at the bottom of the pecking order for sure and although she is eating, drinking, scratching and running around, something is off. She has been alarm cheeping a lot and I finally caught her in the act... she was the only chick not under the brinsea. When I stuck my hand under the unit, I realized it isn't warm toward the front anymore and the chicks were all crammed into the back. Is there more than one element in the plate? I had to put in a red bulb in the backup heat lamp I bought and it seems to be super stressing them out.

I don't know anything about the heat plate.
Are you aware that you don't have to use a heat lamp bulb that you can use a regular old-school light bulb to heat a brooder?

Also... Where did your chicks come from?
Just having one chick have issues doesn't necessarily mean that it is related to a heat plate malfunction.
Did you hatch the chicks or were they shipped?

I don't know anything about the heat plate.
Are you aware that you don't have to use a heat lamp bulb that you can use a regular old-school light bulb to heat a brooder?
I had no idea! What wattage would I use?

Also... Where did your chicks come from?
Just having one chick have issues doesn't necessarily mean that it is related to a heat plate malfunction.
Did you hatch the chicks or were they shipped?
I picked the chicks up from a hatchery 1.5 hrs North from me. Two others had a little diarrhea the first morning they were home, but it cleared up by the afternoon. Everyone has been super active, drinking, eating, scratching, and jumping up to poop on top of the Brinsea. I wondered if there just wasn't enough room for her in the far back of the heater since she is already getting picked on. There are 8 of them and it doesn't seem as big as I thought. And they're not even a week old! It seems weird that there's no heat in the front of it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom