Brinsea humidity pump?????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daniellenoel, Mar 23, 2011.

1. daniellenoel

daniellenoel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Vail Colorado
    I have the brinsea octagon advance with humidity pump.
    The temp holds very steady 99.6/99.7
    the humidity is averaging 45% a bit higher after we opened the bator to candle (which with a class of 2nd graders) we have done a few times
    My questions is..... when you look at the tube that runs from the pump into the incubator.. you can see a few air bubbles but I can still see water going in when needed.
    is this normal?? or is there something I need to do?
    Very worried it is not supposed to do that but, humidity is reading pretty steady.. and when the rotor turns you can see the evaporating pad get wet.

Also= no need to fill the reservoirs with water in the bottom when you have the pump right??

Thanks

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Air bubbles are fine; they do help you see the pump IS moving water!

No need to fill reservoirs - the humidity pump does all that for you.

3. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado
    All is normal! And thats a nice thing about the Brinsea. It rebounds very quickly![​IMG]

4. daniellenoel

daniellenoel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Vail Colorado
    Thanks so much
    So ai Massuming for lockdown, which is Sunday. I just adjust the humidity settings on the control? to 65% or alittle gigher? my humidity has been averagin around 45% a little higher when we open the incubatot but it comes back to 45% pretty quickly..
    when I adjust the settign what do you all recommend for lockdown? 65% or higher???
    Thanks

5. Ok I'm a little worried. Do I fill one of the reservoirs when I begin operating the Brinsea 20 as well as the humidity pump? I haven't added water. My only source of water is coming from the pump and its staying right where it should be for humidity.

6. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    No, if you have the pump you don't do anything else! =)

7. syl20c

syl20c New Egg

Oct 31, 2013
    Milton, Ontario
    I respectfully disagree. In my case with a very dry house, the pump going non-stop will soak the pad and some eggs and not reach 65% for lockdown. In my case, I must fill both reservoirs AND have the pump going to maintain anything over 45%. I only use my pump to maintain the desired level of humidity, not create humidity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by