Brinsea incubator humidity won't go up!

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
@BrinseaUS Hey so im incubating guinea eggs this is my first try with the ovation 28 ex im now in the last 3 days... I removed the turners added the hatching matt and increased the humidity and closed the cap to its minimum... I set the humidity to 75 percent.. And it won't even go above 65... The punp seems to be pumping water but with no change at all... I tried spraying warm water on the sides it helped go to 80 but then after a few minutes it goes to 50.. This is a very horror first time experience.... Not the best ive had so far.. Please help me.

jumped on here because my incubator is doing the same thing!

day 26 with duck and 19 chickens- we have had to add water every other day or so. Locked down yesterday and last night the alarm went off twice in the middle of the night - low humidity. This morning- again. Can’t get it above 45% for more than 2 min. I have added several squirt bottles of water and it will not raise more than 2 % and drops immediately!
but!!! The incubator appears to be cloudy with steam- is it possible that my thermostat just is going crazy with readings?

But.. My chinese incubator could get up to 70% easily.. Why is my brinsea ovation not functioning the humdity well? 😢Im very worried
Very likely there was an issue with the hygrometer in your other incubator, but it's impossible to say for sure unless you set the two up side by side in the same conditions.

If you are concerned that your Ovation is not reading the humidity properly you can always contact us (888) 667-7009 and we can troubleshoot further. You can also send it in to be calibrated, which will ensure that it is reading correctly.

However, if the pump is running and the humidity reading is accurate that means there can only be one thing going wrong. Your ambient humidity is low or at a level that is making it difficult for the incubator to reach the humidity you have it set to. You can fix this by adding another evaporating block, wet paper towels, or anything else that will increase the water surface area. You can also try adding a humidifier to the room and see if that helps.

Put an evaporation block in the 2nd reservoir and top that up with water yourself,a s the pump does pump into that one.

Having said 65% shoul dbe fine anyway.
I filled one of the holes and the pump is doing the other one.. And it has not gone up from 65%..the internet says the RH should be 75% but it so stressful! If i knew the ovation 28 ex was that hard i would have bought a easier one..

Hello! 65% should be high enough for lockdown, but if you want to go higher I recommend adding an evaporating block to each water well. You may be in a dry area and that's why the incubator is having a hard time reaching the humidity you set it to.

jumped on here because my incubator is doing the same thing!

day 26 with duck and 19 chickens- we have had to add water every other day or so. Locked down yesterday and last night the alarm went off twice in the middle of the night - low humidity. This morning- again. Can’t get it above 45% for more than 2 min. I have added several squirt bottles of water and it will not raise more than 2 % and drops immediately!
but!!! The incubator appears to be cloudy with steam- is it possible that my thermostat just is going crazy with readings?
Hi there - could you tell me exactly what the screen was showing when the alarm went off? There are alarms for temperature inside the incubator and room temp, but there is no alarm for low humidity. I would recommend getting a separate thermometer to verify the internal temperature of the incubator. If the temp is too low the humidity will not get high enough.

Back
Top Bottom