Brinsea incubator options? Help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by aldren90, Jan 29, 2013.

1. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    Ok guys, I've settled on a brinsea, and I don't know which to get. I've got a $350 budget. I'm looking for the best deal, and I am going to buy on sale and add a coupon code so I can get even more off. ( hopefully ) I am looking for your preferences and personal stories with these bators. I'm leaning towards the octo Eco w/ egg turn for $200, just to save a little. But if you guys thing the octo adv is worth it I'm willing to do that one too! So just give me some help! ;)

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    I just sold my Octagon ECO last week. The ONLY reason I sold it is because I upgraded to an OVA 380. I had no trouble with hatches, but if you want each hatch to be super easy, and unsupervised, go ahead and splurge on the Advance. I had to kind of babysit the humidity when hatching in my ECO, and had a few cases of splay leg before I started putting in the shelf liner foam stuff when I locked down. I had to run felt from the water wells to keep the humidity high, and sometimes had to spritz through a crack with a spray bottle to get a quick humidity boost.

Other than some humidity quirks, the hatch rates in my Octagon were fantastic, it really is a wonderful product.

Brinsea though, very good choice. They have won me as a lifelong customer, I adore their products!

3. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    I can get the Eco for $200 with cradle or the adv for $315 so I'm unsure still.

4. Knittycat

Knittycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Bay City, TX
    Get the best incubator you can afford. You will never regret it.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

This ^.
    Also, the Advance EX has the humidity pump. I have six Brinsea incubators ( and three EcoGlow brooders) including the Mini Advance, Mini Advance EX, and three Octagon 20 Advance EX units. Not currently hatching, but I'll have 'em when I start up again, (It WILL happen!)

6. aldren90

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    I think I've decided to go with the octo adv. now does that one have any quirks like will I need to do the whole sponge/fleece thing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by