Brinsea incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rebel yell, Nov 21, 2011.

1. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    I am looking into getting a Brinsea Eco 20 or a Eco 20 advance with or without the truner, prefer one with the truner, if anyone has a good one for sale PM me, I want a good bator not something that has to be worked on to start with, Thanks.

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Don't know if you want to hear this, but......
    I HATE my Brinsea Eco bators. I have 2 of them and use them only as a "recovery room," to dry and fluff the chicks. Brinsea has horrible customer service, as well.

On the other hand, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my HovaBator Genesis! [​IMG]

3. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    I love my hovabator as well. I think Brinsea is over priced when a styrofoam hova with turbo fan does just as good if not better.

4. kathyinmo

Quote:AND the HovaBator has MUCH more room! LOVE it!

5. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I have a Brinsea Eco 20 with Turner and I absolutely LOVE it. So easy to use and SO easy to clean! Great intro 'bator!

6. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I'm having great success with my Brinsea Eco 20, I have the turner, and it's easy, easy, EASY! Good luck finding one - I got mine from a BYC member, and it's as good as she promised. [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

We were just talking about incubators on another thread.
    I do not like the Brinsea, and never have. I really love my HovaBator Genesis.

Here are some of the posts....
    Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Lots of things I disliked about it. They are notorious for not holding a temp. I have had to mess with mine every time I use it. I have still never hatched a whole batch in one. I ended up moving them out. It is small and very crowded. If you do hatch in it, you have to take the wet chicks out and put them somewhere else to dry and fluff. (Well, I did anyway). The turner is not really a turner. The whole unit tilts. I don't like the "wires" that hold the eggs in place, if you can get them to work. Many just use egg cartons to remedy that though. I do not like the black color of the "basket" that holds the eggs. I like white, so when I clean I know I got everything good and clean. The top of the unit gets full of dust and dander and you have to unscrew the whole thing to clean it up. There is no hand grip and it is hard to take the top off without it slipping out of my hand. I'll be darned if I can get the humidity up in that thing either. I do not have the humidity pump (expensive).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by