Brinsea incubators are they really worth the price?

Hi there i have the brinsea octagon 20 and so far so good, temp very stable and so is humidity. I was'nt sure what to get at first but heard a lot of positive things about brinsea so i went for it, i am on my 1st hatch in it so will let you know in 10 days how it does.

love my brinsea... Very easy to use, easy to clean and I've had great hatches in it! Once you start putting money into shipped eggs, the price of the incubator pales in comparasion. Do find some of the Brinsea threads here, there were several months of hatch-alongs, with 50 plus Brinseas being used each month. I think they ran Jan, Feb, March and April.

Quote:
I also have a Brinsea with an expectant hatch date of Sept 8! So far temp humidity etc have been spot on without any help from me:lol:
Will keep you posted

I like Brinsesa. I've hatched every month this year with good hatch rates. I hatched 61 out of 70 coturnix eggs not long ago. They were my eggs. Hatch rates can be affected by the way the eggs are gathered & cared for & the eggs age. The hatches are also affected by non fertile eggs. My Brinsea holds temps really well. Brinsea will stand behind their products . I also recommend their brooders they are fabulous I never have liked heat lamps they will cook your chicks & can cause fires & are very insufficient. Mahonri if your having problems with your machine I would let them know I bet they would replace the unit.

Quote:
I'd imagine that would be a fault with one single bator rather than a design flaw. Did you try contacting Brinsea for a refund or a different bator? Their customer service is great. I've got an Octagon 20 Advance and I love it. It holds temps rock steady and my first hatch in it was my best result yet - 100% with my own eggs.

Quote:
I'd imagine that would be a fault with one single bator rather than a design flaw. Did you try contacting Brinsea for a refund or a different bator? Their customer service is great. I've got an Octagon 20 Advance and I love it. It holds temps rock steady and my first hatch in it was my best result yet - 100% with my own eggs.

I agree I would call Brinsea if mine did this. They are exspensive. They can't be that bad because I have paid for mine thru hatching & selling birds.

Quote:

I agree I would call Brinsea if mine did this. They are exspensive. They can't be that bad because I have paid for mine thru hatching & selling birds.

X2.. I have 2 of them and love both of mine

Back
Top Bottom