Brinsea incubators?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by cshma11, Dec 25, 2016.

1. cshma11

cshma11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2016
    Illinois
    I'm researching Brinsea incubators because I got money to buy one for my Christmas present! What is the difference between the Mini Advance and the Mini II Advance? They both have temperature displays and automatic egg turning. Is it just the humidity display and the external humidity top off spout on the Mini II? Would it be better to get a smaller one like the Mini II Advance EX with the humidity pump so it's fully automated, or the Octagon 20 Advance without a humidity pump for about the same price but not having automated humidity control? Any recommendations?

Or is there a better incubator altogether for a similar or lower price range?

2. geniash

geniash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2016
    Brinsea has very reliable and neat bators. From what I remember they have 3 models - Eco, Advance and EX. Eco doesn't have egg turner (you will need to play the role of egg turning at least 3 times a day). Advance with automatic egg turner and EX with automatic humidity control. The main difference between mini and octagon is the # of eggs you can put in each. If you are ok with 12 eggs then go with mini, its such a fun to see through the dome on how they incubate and then hatch. They also have a newer model maxi with 40 quail eggs capacity. Watch some youtube videos and decide for yourself. I personally have mini Advance and its extremely easy to use. I didn't feel the need of an automatic humidity control to hatch quail eggs. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  3. cshma11

Dec 2, 2016
    Illinois
    They have a mini that's on amazon with both eco and advance options, but then on their website they have the Mini II. The pictures and model numbers appear to be different, so I was trying to find out the differences between the Mini and Mini II.

4. cshma11

Dec 2, 2016
    Illinois
    But I'm leaning toward the Octagon 20 Advance EX anyway haha.

1 person likes this.
  5. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    can't go wrong with any of them. but hatching is addictive.

so go bigger if you can. you can always put fewer eggs in an incubator. but they only hold so many.

I have the 20 advance. no humidity pump. works awesome without it. but the advance has the option to use pump if i want to add it later. for the price at the time for the pump wasn't worth it.

the ecos 20 are set temp no adjustment. basically set and forget.

the 20 advances have adjustable temp. alarms, cool down feature, and humidity control if you want it.

auto turners for the eco and advance can be bought afterwards.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by