Brinsea Mini Advance EX - water pot question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TammyTX, Dec 13, 2014.

1. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I am having trouble understanding how the evaporation paper fits into the water pot. Does anyone have a photo they can post or explain to me how they fit the paper in?

Maybe I'm having an off day but I'm just not understanding the instructions that say to fold it over the water pot rib and make sure it has good contact with the tube. The instructions gave a size of 1 3/4" x 5" to cut the paper, and fold lengthwise, then fold over the rib...but the paper seems too large, even if folded in half.

Here is the water pot and the folded paper...[​IMG]

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I've not got this model but have the octagon 20 EX but I've just looked on the instructions on the interwebber for your model and as I've read it I would cut your evap paper so it's the same length as the Middle of your pot that divides the pot into two. Place the paper so its over the centre divider half of the paper either side of it. Push the tubing so it touches the paper as the water comes through the tube it should touch the paper and it will soak through the paper. I hope this helps the pics are not very good on the instructions I've just looked at I can see why you feel confused!!

3. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

4. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Yes I mean the water pot with the incubator. Fold the paper over the centre divider in the pot when it's cut to the correct length. Then push the tube upto it that comes through the side of the pot. Then put your guard onto the top of the pot.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    How did you get on @TammyTX did you get it figured out ok?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by