1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator NEW Never used with 7 egg turner

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by meepitqueenie, Jun 12, 2011.

1. meepitqueenie

meepitqueenie Gallo's Poultry Haven

May 26, 2010
    in the adirondacks
    I bought this incubator, and haven't used it. I opened the package and set it up but I have only used my eco 20's.

I will repack it into the original box it came in with some extra packing materials to keep it safe and sound.

Shipping is priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance any where in the US.

I will ship to Canada or internationally - for what ever extra charge the shipping will be extra plus insurances if possible.

message me if you are international or Canada so i can check on the shipping charges.

I am going to the chickenstock in upstate NY on June 25th. If you are going and want to not pay shipping and pick up there, prepay via paypal for the auction price and I will waive the shipping costs.

PM me for paypal information.

Photos Are of the acutal incubator...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ==============================================================

Here is the information from Brinsea's Website on the incubator....

The Mini Advance incubator is menu driven and extremely easy to use: just program the length of incubation for your specie and the micro-controller holds the correct temperature, turning and length of incubation with no further input. The display counts down each day to tell you when eggs are due to hatch and turning will stop automatically 2 days prior to hatching. All you need do is top up periodically with water.

Although designed as an educational incubator the Mini Advance offers advanced features which make it attractive to any breeder:

7 egg capacity (12 small eggs with optional insert you would have to buy this from Brinsea)
    Temperature factory preset at 99.5 F (37.5°C) but fully adjustable
    High and low temperature alarms
    Fan assisted air circulation
    Humidity provided by water trays; not suitable for automatic humidity control.
    Automatic egg turning - turning interval and turning angle programmable
    Count down to hatch day with autostop
    Clear dome for excellent visibility
    Robust hygienic ABS construction for easy cleaning

2. ksmith

ksmith Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Nor Cal
    Will this incubator work with duck eggs too? Just curious...

3. meepitqueenie

May 26, 2010
    in the adirondacks
    Yes it works for ducks. I think for the brinsea hatchalong there were photos on the facebook paget with ducks that hatched in one.

4. meepitqueenie

May 26, 2010
    in the adirondacks
    The instructions state

typical capacity
    Quail 12
    Pheasant 12
    Hen 7
    Duck 7

I don't know how many turkey or goose eggs it would fit.

I would imagine you would have to hand turn those

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by