Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator

UKducklover

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 25, 2012
Anyone using this? I ask as my eggs are due to hatch next Saturday and I tried to locate the vents but I can't see them. This is my first time hatching and either I'm being really dumb
tongue.png
or there aren't any
hmm.png

If there aren't any how can I safely bring the humidity down after some have hatched; if needed?
hu.gif

I don't have one, but according to the instructions:-

But that information is regarding cleaning the incubator after you have finished using it.

I used a different incubator and once a duckling hatched, it remained in the incubator for 24hrs and then moved to a brooder pen. I did not adjust the humidity at all and the second egg stayed in the incubator.

You are right there are three very small holes but I can't adjust it at all. I was just worrying about them being able to breathe in there - overthinking about everything that could go wrong! I can't believe we are so close to hatching now
jumpy.gif

I have one and have had successful hatches each time. I have only hatched ducks in it so far. there are a few things I dont like about it but a lot I do like about it. the only way to fill the water is to open the whole thing up, this is hard after lockdown and want to keep the humidity up. I suppose something must be working cause I have never had a problem with it or the ducks that have hatched. Good Luck

I have one as well. I've only incubated 2 batches of duck eggs. Got 2/3 the first hatch and 5/7 this time. I agree I don't like having to lift the whole lid off to fill the water reservoirs. But other than that it seems great!

I have one of these too. I put my eggs in yesterday but they are to big for them to turn. they get stuck on each other when they are ment to turn. So for now i have to hand turn. I also don't like it when you have to take off the whole lid to fill up the water. And is there two water reservoirs? This is my first time hatching and I can only see the one in the middle! LOL!
wee.gif

Yes, two halves - I consider them each a reservoir and have just been keeping one half filled. I am on day 11 and have been hand turning because the duck eggs are too big to use the turner. Also I am misting them with warm water every day at noon. Brinsea is actually recommending that about day 11, you leave the lid off the incubator for about half an hour a day. The cooling action can help with your hatch and actually mimic the mother duck getting up to eat and drink. I am going to incorporate both the opening the lid AND the misting to try and mirror nature as closely as possible.

I am blogging about my hatch on my blog -link below if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom