1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brinsea mini advance jumbo coturnix quail settings?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken1234, Mar 11, 2015.

1. chicken1234

chicken1234 New Egg

Nov 11, 2011
    I'm sorry if this is posted someplace already but I can't find it. I just got my new incubator a brinsea mini advance with turner and I have never hatched before. I'm getting jumbo coturnix quail eggs soon and I need to set the incubator settings.
    I need:
    -Temperature? (99.5f-101f?)
    -How often to set the egg turner and what angle?
    -do I use the cooling feature?
    -do jumbo coturnix fit the quail insert ok or are they too big?
    - do I fill half the water reservoir at the start and just make sure it is topped up? Increase at day 14?

I am finding lots of info for chickens but can't seem to find settings for quail with this specific incubator. Thank you for your help!

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Hi & [​IMG] ! I know nothing about how to use your incubator or hatching Quail but, I typed in "How to hatch quail eggs" in the Search and found a link to this article https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-quail-eggs-and-brooding-quail-chicks Thought it might help you. You can type in keywords or a short question in the Advanced Search and it will bring up old threads related to your Que. Look for a Gold Feather member to PM to maybe help you. Good Luck hope your have a great hatch!!!

3. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Hi & [​IMG] ! I know nothing about how to use your incubator or hatching Quail but, I typed in "How to hatch quail eggs" in the Search and found a link to this article https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-quail-eggs-and-brooding-quail-chicks Thought it might help you. You can type in keywords or a short question in the Advanced Search and it will bring up old threads related to your Que. Look for a Gold Feather member to PM to maybe help you. Good Luck hope your have a great hatch!!!

4. chicken1234

chicken1234 New Egg

Nov 11, 2011
    Thank you, I'm just a little nervous of messing it up!

5. mrssmith84

mrssmith84 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2015
    wildomar california
    Hello I'm new to all this but my settings are 17 days 99.6 I filled only one chamber setting 4 and 45 I'm not using the cooler! Good luck I just set my eggs today!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  6. mrssmith84

Jan 23, 2015
    wildomar california
    Okay so after more reading I decided to change the settings to 5 and 120. A few people said they've had great hatch rates with these turner settings.

7. chicken1234

chicken1234 New Egg

Nov 11, 2011
    Just saw your post! I hope I didn't mess up but I just went with the brinsea directions.I set temperature to 100F, I have the turner set at 60 minutes, cooling for two hrs per day and angle is 4. I filled the reservoir half full and have had to top it up pretty regularly. I will shut the cooling off and the turner off on day 14 and fill both sides of the water reservoir, add a mat after removing the turning tray. Mine are due to hatch this weekend. Fingers crossed. I found so many different opinions on what settings to use!

2 people like this.
  8. chicken1234

chicken1234 New Egg

Nov 11, 2011
    Just to update. I had 12/12 hatch yesterday, one was assisted but the rest had zero issues. Very happy with this incubator. [​IMG]

9. mrssmith84

Jan 23, 2015
    wildomar california
    I'm still waiting for mine to hatch!!! Today is day 17 so I'm hoping something happens soon!!! I'll go with your settings next time! What day did they hatch?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by