1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brinsea Mini Advance Question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Desert Rooster, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    I just got my Brinsea Mini Advance bator yesterday [​IMG] [​IMG] , and i have a question. there is a setting that says how many minutes pass between turning the eggs, what is a good setting for that??? the options are 30 to 180 minutes.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I like 45 minutes. And 15 for the angle, for chicken eggs. All my hatches have been accomplished with those settings.

3. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    i have the same one. i would use any setting that doesnt eqeal an equal number of turns per day [​IMG] i think you will like the mini advance very much

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. stampntam

stampntam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Spring Grove, PA
    Hello, I am on my first hatch with this same bator, I have my setting at 45 minutes and 15 too. Waiting,\\
    [​IMG]

5. Chickhick

Chickhick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    North Alabama
    Quote:I could be wrong, but isn't the rule about odd number of turns based on hand turning so the eggs don't lay on the same side overnight on every night when there would be a longer span between turnings? If they are turned just the same overnight as during the day, (as it is with an auto turner,) then it shouldn't matter if they are an even number of turns per 24 hours. But I might be wrong... I'm only basing this on logic, not education. [​IMG]

6. Flashy2003

Flashy2003 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2010
    Connecticut
    Mine turns every 60 minutes. Easy to keep track of. Turns at the same time every hour.

7. bordergurl

bordergurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2010
    Niagara Region
    I have a mini Advance- turning angle 15, eggs turned every hour. Temps have been very stable. My challenge has been keeping the humidity at an acceptable range, based on my egg weights (see my BYC page).

8. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    I have just ordered one this evening. You're speaking Greek. I know about rotation, but what is this about angles?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by