Brinsea Mini Advance Thread

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BantyChickenLuv, Jan 31, 2013.

1. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Hi everyone! I recently got a Brinsea Mini Advance. I've also noticed, here on BYC, that these small 'bators seem to be very popular, and are often purchased by first time ever hatchers, like me. So, I figured we needed an official thread for tips, tricks, and recommendations for this incubator for all the newbies, and help with hatching.

Anyone who has hatched with a Mini, and feels confident about sharing anything about them, please let us know what you've learned. It would be very helpful to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people.

Thanks!

2. Hawgon

Hawgon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    You will love it!!!! fyi-remove the turning disk before lockdown. These were Serama eggs and surprised me early...lol

[​IMG]

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I just got mine yesterday I won it on here , Im so excited. I have the brinsea mini eco but this seems like it will be even better with not haveing to turn and all. I will be useing it for the first time in a class room hatch as I need an exscuse to hatch eggs cuase the owner of my building is being a booger and I have to get rid of my birds. But I set up plans for the class hatch befor and I wont back out on the kids. Now I just have to find 7 local eggs to go in there as shipped might lead to to much dissapointment with shipping issues and all.

4. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    FYI.....I have some Serama eggs as well as one of my Silkies just started laying. I am going to start a classroom hatch next week for my grand-daughters 1st. grade class. I am going to sell the chicks that hatch and donate the $ to her class. Just as fun for me as them....lol Sorry about your building owner....

5. BantyChickenLuv

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Does anyone know if you can turn off the alerts it makes before turning eggs? Mine was doing that at all hours of the night and kept waking me up.

6. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Yes you can, I dont rember how off memory but I will look up tonight when I get hoem and let you know if I don't see an answer posted here.

7. BantyChickenLuv

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Great, thank you!

8. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Press all three buttons to put in menu. Advance through options to "Turn Alm" and set to "0" which is off, "1" is on. This is from page 15 of the manual online at the Brinsea website. I had to do the same..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by