Brinsea mini advance

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hawgon, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hawgon

Hawgon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    My mini advance does not turn the eggs...brand new and got it saturday....temp is dead on...any ideas?

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Have you got the turner on? When you look at the display, you should see something that looks like this: / \ that rotates, so you can see turning is on. You can also scroll through the menu and make sure you have the turning set for automatic.

Also make sure your tray is in there properly.

3. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Thanks Sphinx, called Brinsea and tried all kinds of things and ended up I am returning unit to them for an exchange. Kind of a bummer but what can you do.......Nobody is perfect, even Brinsea...They were all very nice and helpful there though.....Thanks for the tips.....I think I had everything together right and turned on, just no movement at all......Have some eggs waiting to incubate too....

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    So are you going to return it right away, or are you going to hand turn the eggs and then return? Hand turning them isn't a big deal, and if you've registered your Brinsea, the warranty is a year.

I'm sorry that it wasn't user error. What a bummer.

I will say that I LOVE my Brinsea and am glad I bought it.

5. Hawgon

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Returning it and going to hold off on starting eggs. They were great on the phone on helping me and getting the exchange paperwork going. Fingers crossed for the next one. Super excited....To new i think to try to hand turn...Want to get a couple of batches under my belt first.....Thanks for info and I am glad to here you enjoy yours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by