Brinsea Mini Advanced 'bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by littlechicky579, Sep 7, 2014.

1. littlechicky579

littlechicky579 New Egg

Mar 18, 2014
    Florida
    Hi guys I'm new to hatching and I've read some really awesome stuff about the brinsea mini incubators. After reading how to hatch the little guys I learned it was suggested to keep any hatched chick in the incubator until all the eggs that are going to hatch hatch. My question is the mini looks TINY in all the pics I've seen is there really enough room for little chicks to be moving around while the rest hatch out? I've seen quite a few other incubators with screen floors and are rectangular which seem more roomy, but I know NOTHING of the reliability of the brand. So do you guys let them hatch and take em out to the brooder right away or let them hang out for the three days they are still dependent on their yolk sac while the rest hatch? Do you feel there is enough room (I'm only looking to hatch at most 6)? Should I just go ahead and get a bigger one right off the bat? Thanks so much in advanced for your help! [​IMG]

2. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Welcome to BYC! The Mini is a nice little bator. It is small, but so are the chicks when they hatch. Most of the time, if there are no problems with temp fluctuations, all of the eggs will hatch within 24 hours of each other, 36 for sure. Just leave the chicks in there, they'll be fine. Good Luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. littlechicky579

littlechicky579 New Egg

Mar 18, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks so much! So overall would you recommend brinsea brand over Hova bator?

4. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I have not had a Brinsea, but I've heard good things about them. I have a Hovabator and while I use it often, I have to tweak it constantly and have had inconsistent hatches with it. I think I would advise you to get the Mini Advance, especially if you only want to hatch a few eggs at a time. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  5. littlechicky579

littlechicky579 New Egg

Mar 18, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks so much I appreciate you taking the time to help me out! I've always wanted to hatch but was nervous! I definitely want to have the right equipment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by