Brinsea Mini Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jmbiker11, Oct 27, 2009.

1. jmbiker11

jmbiker11 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2008
    Im looking to hatching eggs for the first time and will only be hatching small numbers of eggs at a time. By the way I will be trying to hatch Quail eggs. I just wanted to get yalls oppinions on it.I was thinking about building my own but thought buying one would be better.

Here is the link for it.
    http://www.brinsea.com/products/mini.html

Whats the difference betwwen the mini eco and the advanced?
    Whats the best incubator for small quanaties of eggs?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    hmmm i have heard of thoe's bators...they look retro kinda with thoes colors lol. I believe the diff. between the two is just the auto egg turner in the more expensive one. They do sorta look nice tho with the digital display

3. jmbiker11

Dec 28, 2008
    How important is turning the eggs should I pay that much more for the advanced just for a turner?

4. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    Pretty darn important. This last batch of chicks I hatched were manual turns. Wow, was I ever tied to the house for 18 days.[​IMG]

I had good luck with my hovabator and bought another. A little cheaper price including the turner.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  5. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    The advanced also has an AUTO humidity reservoir. It adds water when you're not there as long as you fill it when it gets low. Auto-turning is dead useful but auto-humidity is even more important.

It's actually quite a nice little bator if you can stand hatching only seven eggs.

6. jmbiker11

Dec 28, 2008
    Yeah I dont plan on keeping more than like 16 quail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by