Brinsea Oct 20 Eco owners advice...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by enggass, Mar 16, 2013.

1. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    Hey fellow Oct 20 Eco owners... Looking for suggestions. I am in the middle of an incubation and currently have 29 eggs in without using the metal dividers so all of the eggs are supporting each other... I know there are some clears that I will be removing. When I do remove them, there will be excess space in the bator - looking for advice on how to keep them from rolling around while turning - I have the auto turner... I'd rather not put the metal dividers in. They are a pain!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    The metal dividers really are the only way... or you could stuff newspaper around them, but I would think that would hamper prober air flow.

Put in the dividers and then use paper between the eggs that have room.

3. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    I use cut down egg cartons. Just cut off the top and the bottom of each cell to allow air flow. I even leave them in the cartons to hatch,but it gets really crowded in there once they start to hatch. If your setting about 12 eggs it works real well. I have 20 in there right now with with 17 hatched and 3 pips but those last 3 are going to have to work to hatch with every body sleeping on top of them.the next time I set eggs I'm going to cut down on the number of eggs or use a another bator for lockdown..I love how well the brinsea incubates just wish it had a little more room and better vision.

Good luck with your hatch Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by