Brinsea Oct Eco humidity during lockdown?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CDennis, Jan 23, 2011.

1. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    What should I be trying to get my Brinsea at for lock down, and just to confirm is lockdown day 17 or 18 (if you count the first day as 24 hours from set)

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    I'm not too sure about the Brinsea. But lockdown is day 18 counting from the first day you put those eggs in the bator. [​IMG]

3. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    i belive it should be at be at 65-70% humidity

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Raise the humidity to around 65%, stop turning the eggs, and sit on your hands for the next 3days.

5. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:I am going to have to make flash cards.

Flash card #1, raise humidity to 65$
    Flash card #2, stop turning the eggs
    Flash card #3, sit on hands
    Flash card #4, if any questions refer to flash card 3! [​IMG]

I am really curious to see what happens, I have only candled 3 eggs out of 32 and I am pretty sure I will not have room at lockdown for 32 eggs in a bator that should hold 24...I know at least 1 egg wasn't growing on day 7 but I haven't messed with them again, I was afraid I might drop them or do something stupid. 12 of the eggs are BCM's and I am pretty sure there is no chance I will be able to candle them, also the olive eggers have VERY dense shells...guess i will just wait and see. I keep hearing about this egg carton thing..but I am unsure. Some say great things, some say it hurts the hatch...[​IMG]

6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I used a cut down styrofoam egg carton for my first hatch. It really helped keeping the hatched chicks from kicking around the other eggs that had not hatched yet. At day 18 you should be able to candle and really tell the clears even on the darker eggs. I would try to get as many of the non starters out at lockdown as possible. If you are just not sure, then leave them in but take out any that smell or are seeping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by