Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX - Humidity Management pads?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mmmaddie13, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mmmaddie13

Mmmaddie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Fort Collins, CO
    I just purchased the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance Ex, on the Recommended Items list it shows these Humidity Management Evaporating pads, and I'm wondering if these are necessary?

Thanks.

2. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    They should have come with it? On my EX they are white cardboard slips. You put them in the top of the bator with the yellow clips.. Unless this is something else?

3. DFCottage

DFCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Montpelier, Virginia
    I have a Brinsea 20, and I had a horrible time trying to get humidity up for lockdown.. I was worried that I should have purchased the pads, but ended up just putting in paper towels that had a long side in the water wells on both sides of the bator. Held at 75 for the entire length of lockdown beautifully.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You should have received these sort of thick, cardboard like white strip things with a indentations down the middle, long way, so you can fold them in half into "V" shapes. They COME with the EX models. I would call Brinsea if you did not receive them.

They are held onto the underside of the lid with yellow plastic clips.

5. Mmmaddie13

Mmmaddie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Fort Collins, CO
    I just ordered it online and I think it's on back order, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was just curious, thanks all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by