1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX Sale?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LaurenM23, Sep 27, 2010.

1. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and order us a shiny new bator...an EARLY Christmas gift. [​IMG] All of the incubators appear to be on sale directly from Brinsea's site at 20% off. Does anyone have any experience with better sales than this? We don't want to miss out on saving $100, but if I see a 30% or more sale in the next month or two, I'll cry! haha

I've already had to talk myself out of and back into this thing about 158 times...[​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I hope you get a reply to this. I am wondering the same question or also, if this is the "normal" amount off when they run a sale, how often does it run? I don't want to miss the opportunity either. [​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I never EVER saw any anywhere cheaper that the Brinsea site.

Get it with the turner, it's worth the investment.

I [​IMG] my Octagon 20!!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I've purchased *ahem* a few incubators in the past 3 months, including the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance EX - which I just loaded yesterday with the first batch.

Before I bought it, I looked everywhere and the only place cheaper was a used one on eBay, which quickly rose to more than the sale price on the Brinsea site. I too have never seen any prices lower than at the Brinsea web-site itself.

Go for it!

5. LaurenM23

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    Yes...just "egg"on my addiction! haha You people are contributing to the crazy!!![​IMG] I think I will just do it...tonight...with the hubby's credit card! lol

6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Not trying to steal the thread but I am wondering if they have this $100 off sale often? I don't want to miss an opportunity but it is supposed to be a Christmas gift and if he buys it for me now, I know I will be using it looooong before Christmas! [​IMG]

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I think my dh is afraid for me to have a better incubator LOL!

8. LaurenM23

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    That is EXACTLY what's going on here...he said it was going to be a Christmas gift, but why wait if we can save $100? lol I'm going to wait to use it til after Christmas, though. I swear! [​IMG]

9. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I know there is NO WAY I could wait to use it. [​IMG] I read another thread on here about hatching different grocery store eggs and was looking at the eggs in Walmart yesterday. I noticed that they have cage free eggs and was tempted to buy some to see if they are fertile. Since mine are not laying yet, I was thinking I could do a test run on those! [​IMG]

10. LaurenM23

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
    So is my $100 off the best bet, then? If these things go for $250 right before Christmas, someone has some 'splainin' to do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by