1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance - I broke down....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ZooMummzy, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    and just ordered one! My husband is going to kill me, but I'm tired of constantly babysitting my LGs. It is causing me so much stress with all the fluctuating and low hatch rates. I had near 100% hatch rates last year with a friend's homemade incubator where I didn't have to mess with the temp/humidity. I'm going to finish out my hatches in the two LG's I have and get the Brinsea up and running as soon as it gets here next week. I'm donating the LGs to our local school district to use in the primary schools and possibly the school run preschool. I'll even donate some eggs.

Anyone have any good feedback advice on the unit?

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Love my three of 'em. Does that answer your question?

3. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Love my three of 'em. Does that answer your question?

Yep! [​IMG]

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    gryeyes,

I though you had more than 3 Brinsea's. Were you the one that showed a room of all size Brinsea's?

I am holding off on hatching until after the show this weekend; however, I did bid on some eggs already. [​IMG] (My Brinsea is lonely)

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have three Brinsea Octagon20 Advance EX units. And a MiniAdvance, and two MiniAdvance EX units. I love 'em all.

The OP asked about the first....[​IMG] so that's all I mentioned. Didn't want to seem TOO nuts right away...

6. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Heeh! I Love my Brinsea!!!

Here it is in action! Yes the vent is way to closed.. but I opened it after this pic!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  7. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Lol nuts is good...I feel right at home [​IMG]

8. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:I'm so excited! Is it simple to use? I seriously am going crazy with these LG's. I can't handle it anymore. I am usually good at figuring things out, but these are just sending me over the edge. I want something I don't have to run and check every 15 minutes.

9. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well,

The hatch from that picture was 11/11.. No problems at all! Didn't change the temps at all! Didn't mess with it ANY at all! Just turned my eggs 3 times a day.. Added water about 2 times, and POOF.. Baby chicks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I have an older Brinsea Pro 20 with the auto turner and humidity pump. LOVE IT!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by