brinsea octagon 20 eco...anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by spish, Dec 10, 2010.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    just looking for some opinons on this one..i can get one for a great price (€139,99 instead of €239,99 at the moment) but would like to know if its any good before i buy?

2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

If you are going to hatch out a couple of dozen or less... The octagon 20 Eco is the way to go.

[​IMG]

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Is that Euro and are you sure that is for the Octagon 20 eco? They are on sale on the Brinsea site for $99.99 (USD). That would be just over 75 Euro. I got the Octagon 20 Adavance, had a problem with it and Brinsea sent me a replacement right away. In fact the replacement should be arriving today. I have heard really good reviews on their incubators. I am getting ready to do my first hatch starting tomorrow.

4. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    I got one with the turner. The only problem is try to put the thermometer/hydrometer in there because there isn't much room. Other than that it works great. My recommendation is get yourself a digital meter with the long metal probe tip so just basic stick it in the vent hole to check out the temperature. I got the foldable one and has been great for quick check the temperature. I also suggest using the WASH BOTTLE (see my post). https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=427507

5. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Quote:yes its for the octagon 20 eco but WITH the auto turner, so a very good bargin i thought [​IMG]

6. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    Quote:dont these have built in hygrometers and thermometers?

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Not the Eco model...

8. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:It looks like only a built in thermometer.

9. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    ah so they dont come with hygrometers? i have one here (it is thermometer and hygrometer in one) but its a bit big...will it fit in? (10cmx10cm) or am i gonna have to buy a smaller one?

have ordered my incubator and go to pick it up monday evening. cant wait! now if only my chickens were laying id get it up and running...suppose i gotta wait until spring though...!!

10. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    have an Brinsea 20 eco model. Love this bator!
    Best of luck on your upcoming hatches!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by