Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO wire probe placement external therm/hygromter ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by zekii, Apr 12, 2011.

1. zekii

zekii Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    New Hampsha
    Just received my brand new Oct 20 Eco, started setting it up, and I am wondering if anyone here has used one of
    these incubabtors with an external probe thermometer/hygrometer, and if so how/where did you run the wire into the
    incubator ? Really don't want to drill a hole, but I would think someone here has figured a way to use an external thermometer/hygrometer with this
    unit.

Clint
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I just use the thermometer provided and bought a cheapo hygrometer,and put that on top of an egg. Seems to work for me. This wire that you speak of, would it fit in the vent opening without blocking it too much? Would you want to keep it in full time? My brinsea holds temps REALLY well, so if it is set correctly, you shouldbe goo to go. YOu could get away with checking the humidity once a day, so that might ba an option.

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I have the advance model but I think the covers are basically the same? I have the Spot Check thermometer and the probe for that goes through the vent hole in the top without a problem. Would the probe you are talking about fit through the vent hole?

4. zekii

zekii Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    New Hampsha
    Quote:I believe the probe tip on my digital hygrometer/thermometer is too large to fit thru the vent hole, but I'll check tonight.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by