Brinsea Octagon 20 incubator (NOT Eco) - used

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TriciaHowe, Oct 27, 2010.

1. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Original brinsea Octagon 20 (NOT the eco) incubator that I had imported. Digital display in Celsius with European plug (comes with US adapter). Used this incubator MANY times and the temps are honest and reliable. I have just moved on to bigger incubators. More pictures are available upon request.

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Wow, I just bought one or I would buy this in a heartbeat, this is a GREAT deal!

3. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Wondering the spec of this model. Does it turn have automatic turn? I have been researching different models, and my head is FULL of information now! I am just looking for something for my children to hatch eggs in. I really desire a plug and play set up. Once we are finished with it I will pass it along for other homeschool families to use.

Thanks so much
    Christina

4. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    This does not include the cradle but easily reaches specified temp. when lid is returned (within a couple of minutes) or can be turned by just rotating the bottom (it has a 3 sided beveled bottom so eggs can be turned without opening the lid. I always just opened the lid and hand turned the eggs as it only takes a minute to do.

Hope that this helps. I can upload the specs from the manufacturer of that helps. The temp. for eggs on the model is 37.5 c.

Please let me know if you have any more questions [​IMG]

5. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    How old is your model? Has the warranty expired?

**my mistake, I read that as you were selling the ECO model.**

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  6. jerseygirl1

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    IMO, the one listed in this auction is a much better unit

New this unit goes for $299 on sale right now

7. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    http://www.brinsea.com/products/oct20.html

This
    incubator is a lot more than $99. This is not an eco or advance. This is an original Octagon 20 that I had imported from Europe, hence the Celsius display.

My model is out of warranty (3 years old) and is used which is why it's 1/2 the price of a new unit..... I am not sure where you got your price from but I know I paid A LOT of money for this unit and think it's priced fairly. It's a perfect running machine and the only reason it's for sale is I have 3 other incubators and not hatching nearly as much as I used to.

PS the one that you are showing is an Eco which is not what I have for sale.....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  8. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    The link you showed is for one with auto turner, but yours doesn't have the turner. If I have the correct model the one you have is only $154 @ the Brinsea site. http://www.brinsea.com/buying/usprice.html

So
    a brand new one is only a few dollars more after you add shipping of your unit.

Or am I looking at the wrong unit? Sorry if I am.

Christina

9. jerseygirl1

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:I think you are looking at the Eco - note above it says NOT ECO - I think this is the advance, which is $369 ON SALE right now according to your l ink

If it doesn't sell on here, someone on EBAY will snatch this iin a heartbeat

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    It is not the Advance, I believe its the one for sale on site for $249.00

I love my Brinsea, if I needed another Id be tempted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by