Brinsea Octagon eco 20 question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hofstead Icelan, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Hofstead Icelan

Hofstead Icelan New Egg

Mar 16, 2016
    I have a question if you could help me please, about the Brinasa, it says it's factory preset at 99.5 but it is reading about 101. I have had it on for about 4 hours. Should I re-set it lower or when I put in the eggs will it stabilize? Thanks!

2. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to the flock!!

you should check the accuracy of the reading with a calibrated thermometer and adjust accordingly. if it's holding a steady temp that temp will be the same once the eggs get equalized, the eggs only add mass to prevent rapid fluctuations in the temperature. hope that helps.

3. Hofstead Icelan

Hofstead Icelan New Egg

Mar 16, 2016
    Thank you!! I turned it down last night, think it has to come down another half degree.

4. Coop77

Coop77 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2016
    I also purchased a new Brinsea Octagon eco 20 this spring and my temperature also appeared to be preset too high. Mine seemed to be initially set to 100.5 and I turned it down before setting eggs.

5. Coop77

Coop77 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2016
    As a side note, my incubator seems to read about 1 degree lower at egg height even though it has the fan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by