Brinsea Octagon Eco 20 Reviews

mylilchix

Songster
11 Years
Jun 11, 2008
Front Range, Colorado
I know a while back there was a lot of eggcitement over the new Brinsea bator. I'm wondering how well it worked. I'm thinking of getting one (when they go on sale again
wink.png
). Were the hatches good, was it easy to use, how do you like it?

Thanks,
Sonja

My wife and I bought ours (with the turner) on Friday, it will be here Wednesday. I just looked online and it is still on sale for $99.00.

I read a lot of reviews on it, originally we were going to buy the Advanced, but our money dictated we get the ECO. Everyone I talk to, Pascopol was especially supportive to us, says it is great, it hold temps very well and is a joy to use when hatching time comes because you can REALLY SEE the babies coming out...

Good luck...

Michael

I have had mine for a week, not long enough to give a full review but thus far I am more than impressed. The temperature has not wavered a degree whereas even my hovabator required adjustment and the LG was impossible. I have development for sure in 14 out of 18 eggs that the PO kept for a week and I was worried nothing would develop! It was only day 4 when I candled, so maybe they will even come around. Either way, I am quite pleased thus far. I am anticipating a great hatch!

The only thing I worry about is it looks like it will get pretty crowded in there when the chicks start hatching. It is going to be hard to resist temptation to open it and take them out!

I have the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced
It's the same as the ECO except it has the digital read outs and has the potential to connect to the humidifier if I ever buy that.

I've done two hatches in it and it has been rock solid on temp and holds humidity well.

highly recommend it

Quote:
I have 18 shipped BBS Ameraucana (14 showed veins at 4 days)
10 of my own SS Hamburgs (9 showed veins at 4 days)
2 blue red OEG (both veining)
4 serama (3 veining)

big_smile.png

Already planning for the next load which will be mostly Hamburg and serama and probably a dozen BLRW (I hope)

Well, it depends on the type of eggs you put in there. Most of the eggs I have are medium, with a few large. The serama and OEG eggs are tiny. Capacity states 24 regular chicken eggs. I fit 28 medium (with some large) chicken eggs in mine and stuck the bantam eggs in the extra spaces
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom