Brinsea Octagon or new Ovation

ggarden

Chirping
Feb 2, 2017
Hi All,

I am not sure weather to go for the Brinsea octagon or the new ovation, the octagon is currently reduced

any advise to point in the right direction would be great

Thanks very much

Hi there.
I would go for the octagon for a few reasons.
Number one is I have an octagon and I always have great hatch rates, around 90-95%
At the moment I have 24 eggs in the incubator,
2 eggs were infertile.
The second reason is because as you say they are reduced.
From what I know the main differences between the octagon and the new brinsea is the look and the way the incubators turn the eggs.

Goodluck,
Fionn.

Hey there!

Forgive me, in advance, as this is my first day posting in BYC (but I've used the resources countless times, so thank you!).

I actually have the Ovation 56 EX and am on the third incubation already. I've really liked it, although there are a couple of things that have tripped me up so far (this is my first Brinsea, and by in large, I really am happy with it). If you have any interest, I wrote a review on it here.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help however I can (or can't, I'm definitely doing more learning from everyone here). I hope something in the review may help.

I freely confess: we're probably going to get a second incubator later this year that will either be another Ovation or the Octagon, so I'm really eager to hear what some experienced people have to say about the Octagon (it seems more expensive and complicated by the time you add the humidity pump, but that could just be me).

Hope everyone's having a great week so far!

Hi

thank you both for your help and recommendations in the end I thought I would go for the ovation 56ex as it only worked out a little more than the octagon's

I cannot wait to try it out and get away from the two chinese incubators I have

Thanks again!

Hi there.
I would go for the octagon for a few reasons.
Number one is I have an octagon and I always have great hatch rates, around 90-95%
At the moment I have 24 eggs in the incubator,
2 eggs were infertile.
The second reason is because as you say they are reduced.
From what I know the main differences between the octagon and the new brinsea is the look and the way the incubators turn the eggs.

Goodluck,
Fionn.

Hi Fionn,

What type of octagon do you have?

Thanks again

Hi ggarden.
I have the brinsea octagon 20 eco.
I find it great.
Very easy to use.
I have the auto turn cradle so all I have to do is add water.
I do a dry incubation untill day 18.
I fill 1 chamber on the bottom of the incubator full of water,
And the other chamber 50% full.
It has worked for me ,for the past 3 years.
Goodluck,
Fionn.

Back
Top Bottom