Brinsea Ova-Easy 190 advance incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MuranoFarms, Jul 4, 2010.

1. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Does anybody have this? DH just bought me one and I'm on my first hatch.

Anybody have experience with it?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    LOL! I just asked this same question today, and so far no response. Please let me know how you like it! PM me if you'd rather than post.

Debbi

3. MuranoFarms

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I love it so far! Temp stabilizes quickly after opening the door. You can set the temp and humidity alarms to go off when it drops or spikes. I have the humidity pump also and I haven't had to mess with the humidity yet. You can set the frequency of the egg turning also.

This is my first hatch in it though, so I don't have long term experience.

4. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Good to know. If you don't get the humidity pump, is there a pan or place in there to add water manually?

5. MuranoFarms

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Well, the first hatch went great! (they were due for lockdown the day after I got the new bator)

Unfortunately I was a doofus and set the rest of the eggs wrong! [​IMG] I put them on their sides and while the do rock drastically, I was supposed to set them standing up. So....the ones that were on day 3 when I put them in the new bator....pretty much formed to one side. Might not work out well at all. The guinea eggs (28 days) should be affected less, as well as the ones that were past the first week. I guess it's a good thing that I ordered wayyyy too many eggs! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by