Brinsea Ova Easy incubator issues - anyone else?? Ideas??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChookhengeFarm, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ChookhengeFarm

ChookhengeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2012
    Clarkston Michigan
    I had 1 excellent year with this incubator right after I bought it a few years ago. The following year, I oiled it and fired it up and the turner jammed (despite an after market tweak because that is what it did when I first got it). I tried redoing the rubber gasket that I had added, but the turner motor was fried. Since it is all one unit, I was unable to use it at all until repaired. When I wrote the company they wanted me to pay $90 plus shipping for new parts that should have been free since it was due to their design issue. I was so upset I let the incubator sit for a year. The next year I wrote the company again (on facebook) and they sent me the parts. I installed them per the directions, oiled it as needed, and set it up again. I put through several batches of eggs with no results, but figured it was my roosters that were not doing their business. Then my son went down to check on it for me, and the thermostat had gone crazy and the temp was all over the place, and the turner had seized yet again. I am so frustrated with this thing. I spent so much money on it!! At this point I'd have been better off just buying a bunch of little foam incubators. *sigh*

Has anyone else had these issues? Or am I just the one with the crappy luck? Does anyone have any ideas on getting it working again and staying working?? I had to cut my flock way back for the last 2 years and I would really like to start rebuilding!

THX!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by