Brinsea Ovation 28 eco

Chicken12367

Songster
5 Years
Oct 11, 2016
UK
I've been incubating in my Brinsea mini 2 advance and I love it, its easy to regulate humidity, temperature readings are accurate and its easy to view the eggs. The only downside is that it can only hold 7 regular chicken eggs, that's why I'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger incubator. I was having a look at the Brinsea Maxi 2 advance which can hold 14 chicken eggs, but I can get the Ovation 28 eco for around the same price.

What incubator should I go for next, the maxi or the ovation 28?
Does anyone have any experience with the ovation 28 and how easy is it to operate.

Hello! The Ovation 28 Eco has the same type of menu system as the Mini II, so you shouldn't have any problems operating it. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the incubator :)
I decided to go for the Ovation 28 eco, I'm very excited to get it up and running when it arrives in the post. I've seen that you can buy additional large egg racks for goose and turkey eggs but what about bantam or quail eggs, do they fit in the regular sized egg racks?

I decided to go for the Ovation 28 eco, I'm very excited to get it up and running when it arrives in the post. I've seen that you can buy additional large egg racks for goose and turkey eggs but what about bantam or quail eggs, do they fit in the regular sized egg racks?
Small eggs will fit in the standard egg carriers, but since it'll be a little roomy in the carrier the eggs may roll too much. The large carriers that we sell come with dividers that go straight down the middle so you can fit small eggs perfectly!

I've been incubating in my Brinsea mini 2 advance and I love it, its easy to regulate humidity, temperature readings are accurate and its easy to view the eggs. The only downside is that it can only hold 7 regular chicken eggs, that's why I'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger incubator. I was having a look at the Brinsea Maxi 2 advance which can hold 14 chicken eggs, but I can get the Ovation 28 eco for around the same price.

What incubator should I go for next, the maxi or the ovation 28?
Does anyone have any experience with the ovation 28 and how easy is it to operate.

I had the exact same internal debate a month ago!

I decide to get the Brinsea maxi II EX. And it has been a wonder! First time I've ever got 100% hatch rate from the fertile eggs (even with shipped eggs)!

You can just let it do it's thing and not worry about it. Only candled twice; day 9 and day 18.

Haven't tried the ovation 28. But found that if you can get 100% hatch rate, you don't need the bigger size as all your fertile eggs hatch!

I hope someone who has had the Ovation can let you know about it, but really I recommend the maxi II EX :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom