Brinsea's OvaScope

misslady

Songster
8 Years
May 1, 2011
The Great Lakes.
I'm incubating some Maran eggs and I've been debating on purchasing the high intensity OvaScope. But as they are a tad pricey, I was wondering if anyone on here has one, and what your experience has been with them before I invest. Thanks!

I have that candler as well as some maran eggs in the incubator right now.. i would normally wait a few more days to candle them but since you asked.. here are two different eggs..

Maranegg2a.jpg

maranegg1.jpg

I could see the embryos moving about

the first pic was the darkest of the eggs
the second was a medium dark egg

and this is a white egg (showing blood ring) for comparison:
eggbloodring.jpg

the OvaScope has older batteries in it right now.. so i think with brand new ones i would have been able to get better pics (and the pics were taken with my cell phone.. so .. yeah.. not the best quality)

Oh my goodness! That is so amazing! Looks like I might be getting myself an early Christmas present. How exciting, I hope that I can see mine moving around here in a few days.
big_smile.png

I'm just worried about my eggs because with the light I have I can hardly see through them. I haven't tried candleing them again since I first received them to check their quality because I'm only on day 4. They are shipped eggs and a couple of them are really BIG eggs, and a couple were porous, so I am anxious to see how they look when day 7 rolls around, don't need anything blowing up in there because I couldn't see it in time. And if my porous ones are not developing I want to be sure to pull them out so I can work in favor of my big eggs, by decreasing the humidity a bit. :\\ Right now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Any advice?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom