Bristol Palin's 'DWTS' Success: Right-Wing Conspiracy or ???????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Bristol Palin's 'DWTS' Success: Right-Wing Conspiracy or Improved Dancer Who Deserves to Win?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/19/bristol-palin-dwts-dancing-stars-controversy-fix-tea-party-win/#ixzz15sbS6b94

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And
    one angry viewer..........

One Wisconsin man allegedly became so irate that the 20-year-old mom was still on the show that he fired his shotgun into the television, prompting a 15-hour standoff with Dane County officers on Monday evening.

I've never watched Dancing with the stars, but if Bristol looks anything like her mom, perhaps I need to go back through my OnDemand Channel [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll admit I do watch the show. She has improved immensely since the first show, but no I don't think she deserves to be in the finals.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    IMO Bristol is a good dancer, but I agree with the judges that by her facial expressions she isn't "into" the dance. It's almost like she is lost in her head remembering the steps (which I'm sure I would be doing too!) Brandy, however, was much better because she could move AND she was able to get into her performance. Does Bristol deserve to win? Absolutely not. At this point Jennifer deserves the mirror ball... but it should have been a battle between Jennifer and Brandy.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Just like American Idol, this is a popularity contest, not necessarily do the best ones win. If it really was all about talent, then that nasty screechy Fantasia wouldn't have even been in the final two, much less won American Idol. They need to lay off Bristol, sheesh! She's a kid, not some big threat to anything. Folks need to get a life and quit taking this stuff so seriously. Just astounding how asinine the entire uproar is. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    that's what I thought when I read this article. I'm not even a DWTS fan, just saw an adorable kid in an outfit and clicked on the story and went [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I think she has improved a lot since the beginning of the season.
    As for her facial expressions.. i think shes still a bit "shy" and feels akward on stage. She still dances pretty good though!

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Boyd! I'm shocked.............that you don't watch DWTS.

Bristol looks like just a sweet little girl that got rocketed into public life because of politics. At least she chose to be on DWTS. Maybe the public has voted for her because they see how hard she has worked. Maybe they have voted for her because of her mom. Maybe the network is causing the controversy because it attracts more potential viewers (like you, Boyd). What ever it is, she is just a little girl that has learned to dance, and the sun will come up tomorrow no matter what you or I think about it....

8. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Wouldn't it be wonerful if this 20 year old woman suddenly brought to reality the fact that not everyone deserves a trophy or reward, just because they were on the field, and that honesty in voting is the only way to find out who really won.

9. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:That's how they hooked me into watching America's Next Top Model 2009 season [​IMG]

10. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    I must be livin under a broody cause I dont watch that show either. I have zero idea about who's on it.

I do watch Chelsea Handler though, and she had that Tom Bergeron (a judge on DWTS, I think) on her show the other day. He said the reason Bristol is still there is "She is getting more votes than anyone else on the show". Guess thats a good enough reason for her to still be on, huh? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by