Britt from INDIANA!

britt86

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2015
Hey everyone! I was born and raised here on a produce farm with a bunch of chickens and a bunch of veggies! Lol now I'm on my own and starting my own flock! Who is from Indiana?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. We're not from Indiana, but we have friends in Winona Lake, IN. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us. And congrats on starting your own flock.

Here's link to the Indiana folks:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/730582/indiana-bycers-here

I have a one yr old EE three one yr old mille fleur d'uccle bantams and 6 new chicks about 3 weeks old 4 are black austrolorp and two are EE that's all I have the room for right now but maybe one day I'll have a big farm with many more chickens!

I have a one yr old EE three one yr old mille fleur d'uccle bantams and 6 new chicks about 3 weeks old 4 are black austrolorp and two are EE that's all I have the room for right now but maybe one day I'll have a big farm with many more chickens!

Black Australorps are my favorite standard breeds. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Our EEs are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorites. She loves their colored eggs. Good luck with your flock.

I love them already the black australorp babies already are so sweet they will come pretty close to my hands but hoping to get them Tam to handle without them freaking out so much

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I used to have friends in Valpo, Demotte, Highland, Hammond - some scattered after divorce, a couple passed away. When I was a kid the family would go out to Whiting Park for 4th. of July - really had fun there. Probably the last time I wore a bathing suit. When I raised dogs I'd show at the Steel City KC, and Terre Haute- I really enjoyed those days.

You have some nice breeds, small flocks are nice, you get to know the birds a lot better than if you have 50 or 100.

I love them already the black australorp babies already are so sweet they will come pretty close to my hands but hoping to get them Tam to handle without them freaking out so much

The way to a chicken's heart is through its stomach. There's a good article at http://www.mypetchicken.com/backyar...-run-away-whenever-they-see-me-Can-I-H57.aspx at how to tame your chicks. We've used this method many times and it works well on the calmer, gentler breeds like Australorps.

Back
Top Bottom