BRM's Quail Adventure Hatch-Along!

Pics

_-Captain BRM-_

Sporker made me do it. again.
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2021
Welcome! A few days ago one of my friend's quail began laying. I've been wanting quail for a while now and finally had the perfect opportunity. I'm stealing an incubator from a different friend and getting some hatching eggs from the other. I will be getting 4-5 eggs this Sunday, then a bunch more next Sunday or at some point this coming week.

Please give me any quail tips and tricks you have!

I will be starting the hatch along and everyone can pick their egg- I will not take entries until I have the eggs since 4-5 is just a guess.

Here is the hutch I constructed in the last two days. Just grabbed some locks and hinges at the localish hardware store. It all built from scrap wood, some I even pulled from the burning pile. It is the most lopsided uneven thing I've ever built in my life, but it's a beast and as reused hardware cloth around it so nothing is getting these quail. My plan is to collect manure with slide out trays, probably use grow out trays for plans without holes in them.
PXL_20220429_183325022.jpg
PXL_20220429_183321359.jpg
PXL_20220429_183318378.jpg

Still need to slap another door on here and like I said, hinges and locks. Going by 1 square foot per bird, it could hold 16 quail, but it will probably never be that stuffed, I plan on max 10, probably only end up with 5 or something.

I NEED TO NAME THIS HUTCH. GIVE ME YOUR IDEAS!!

It's basically a resurrected trash can so it has to be something dumpy and goofy. I have a little village of animal structures but the only one officially named is The Over Easy Inn. Hopefully doing a Quack Shack, Honky Tonk (da gooser), IHOP possibly (for the rabbits), and have yet to name the rabbit tractor. So anything that fits in there I would LOVE your ideas!

@Kiki
@BenlynFarm
@The-White-Elephant
@Bakbuk
@HappyClucker7
@RDchicken99
@JustBabyMargo
@Little Baby Bean
@the_peanut_coop
@Fluffy Lambs
@EmmaRainboe

And that's pretty much every BYCer I kinda know so vualla.

Welcome! A few days ago one of my friend's quail began laying. I've been wanting quail for a while now and finally had the perfect opportunity. I'm stealing an incubator from a different friend and getting some hatching eggs from the other. I will be getting 4-5 eggs this Sunday, then a bunch more next Sunday or at some point this coming week.

I will be starting the hatch along and everyone can pick their egg- I will not take entries until I have the eggs since 4-5 is just a guess.

Here is the hutch I constructed in the last two days. Just grabbed some locks and hinges at the localish hardware store. It all built from scrap wood, some I even pulled from the burning pile. It is the most lopsided uneven thing I've ever built in my life, but it's a beast and as reused hardware cloth around it so nothing is getting these quail. My plan is to collect manure with slide out trays, probably use grow out trays for plans without holes in them.
View attachment 3084942View attachment 3084944View attachment 3084945
Still need to slap another door on here and like I said, hinges and locks. Going by 1 square foot per bird, it could hold 16 quail, but it will probably never be that stuffed, I plan on max 10, probably only end up with 5 or something.

It's basically a resurrected trash can so it has to be something dumpy and goofy. I have a little village of animal structures but the only one officially named is The Over Easy Inn. Hopefully doing a Quack Shack, Honky Tonk (da gooser), IHOP possibly (for the rabbits), and have yet to name the rabbit tractor. So anything that fits in there I would LOVE your ideas!

@Kiki
@BenlynFarm
@The-White-Elephant
@Bakbuk
@HappyClucker7
@RDchicken99
@JustBabyMargo
@Little Baby Bean
@the_peanut_coop
@Fluffy Lambs
@EmmaRainboe

You need help naming the hutch?

View attachment 3084942View attachment 3084944View attachment 3084945

@Kiki
@BenlynFarm
@The-White-Elephant
@Bakbuk
@HappyClucker7
@RDchicken99
@JustBabyMargo
@Little Baby Bean
@the_peanut_coop
@Fluffy Lambs
@EmmaRainboe

Ooh, forgot to mention, I also had quail last year:p

Back
Top Bottom