Broiler Booster

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by jaku, Sep 15, 2009.

1. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone put Broiler Booster (or any other vitamins,) right into the feed mix? I'm having 1000 pounds ground for me on Thursday, and I read on the packet that you can add it right to the food (rather than add it to every jug of water,) so I'm going to have them do it for me at the mill. Has anyone done this, or does anyone know as to the effectiveness of this method over the in-the-water method for vitamins? It uses more this way, but every time I raise a batch of birds, I end up throwing the leftover vitamins away because they turn into a disgusting, clumpy, sticky mess from the humidity and water contact.

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I don't see why you can't put it in the feed. In a lot of ways it would be easier. I keep my Broiler Booster in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. That was it doesn't get all wet and yucky.

3. CARS

CARS Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Even before I got to the quoted sentances, I was imaiging clumps in the feed. I guess there is only one way to find out. Does your bulk bin ever get sweaty? The booster is kinda sticky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by