Broiler or White Leghorn?

Are they cold hardy? Since she was dumped by someone, she does not know how to roost in the coop. She is now perched in a tree. We are debating if we should let her til the morning or take a chance of scaring her away at night. It will be in the high 20s tonight.

Leghorns combs are prone to frostbite. I would try to catch her at night. Wait a few hours after sundown so she's good and sleepy. Grab her legs, that way she wont be able to fly away if she freeks out.

Leghorns combs are prone to frostbite. I would try to catch her at night. Wait a few hours after sundown so she's good and sleepy. Grab her legs, that way she wont be able to fly away if she freeks out.
Thanks. We are going Leghorn hunting after the kids are in bed.

x2 She won't be able to see easily in the dark. Once you can catch her, I'd recommend putting some vaseline on her comb and wattles to help protect against frostbite. Hope you can get her!

We got her! Man she can fly well. It took some chasing, but she is at home now. Thanks to everyone!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom