broiler update

tim1970

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 23, 2007
Well, finally my broilers stopped dying off. I started with 70 and now, 3 weeks later I have approx 35 left. (hard to count with them moving so much). Over the past week I have only lost 3, and none in the past 3 days.

However I do have some questions...

I notice in some of the pictures posted here, that by three weeks these cornish X seem to have really large feet (compared to their body size) and and also their feet are a dark yellow. Well I have mine in a large room with some egg laying pullets the same age, and while most of them are probably twice the size of my pullets, there are some of them that are only slightly bigger and none of them have feet that look too large for their bodies. Also their feet are still a pinkish color, not the dark yellow I am seeing in the pictures. Also on a few of the birds (I would say about 5) I am starting to see some brownish colors on the back of their heads and necks. Could it be possible these birds were hatched from eggs that were not true cornish X?

The small hatchery I ordered them from has offered to send me 25 more free of charge, but I am wondering exactly what I would be getting.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

Maybe you can post a pic.... anything other than huge and white might be something else.... 3 weeks old? They should be over a lb each now.

Here's a bad pic of one of my cornish x's at 2.5 weeks old.

It's between two turkeys that are the same age.

cornish%20so%20fat%20Small%20800.jpg

Mine look like the one pictured, even to the missing feathers!!! I thought mine were just bald. my broilers have wide spread, heavy yellow feet and they stomp around like trolls in my yard!! I am going to keep 4 pullets for eggs, the rest will go in the freezer!! I love their jumbo brown eggs!!

Back
Top Bottom