Broilers In Louisiana

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by TATERsmom, Feb 2, 2009.

1. TATERsmom

TATERsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    We have 33 broilers that were part of a 4H project. [​IMG] 12 of them will go to show this week.[​IMG] After that, What am I going to do with these chickens?[​IMG] The girls wanted to sell them for $5.oo each.[​IMG] LOL! Any takers? or Ideas? [​IMG] HELP!

2. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    I'd say get those girls... to help you butcher the remander. [​IMG]

Do you have any experience in processing your own chickens? If so this would be the way to go. Think of all those chicken dinners you will have.

3. obsessed

obsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    I could take a few. Where in LA are you located? I am in
    Slidell.

4. TATERsmom

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    Oh Brunty, I just could not kill those chickens. I dont even kill rats.LOL! We set live traps for everything. I am not a animal rights person or anything I just cant do the killing. I want someone to come get them and never tell me what happen. I'll pretend they are living "happy ever after".[​IMG]

5. TATERsmom

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    Obsessed, I am in Harrisonburg,La.

6. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    I understand... [​IMG] Maybe a processor close by? Or does this still count that you know what happend to them?

I just hate that you spent all that money and time for someone else to reap the benifits. Think of all that yummy chicken [​IMG]

But again I understand. But $5.00 for a live broiler is a normal price if you would take them to an auction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by